1. Three week run with Saturday matinees from April 24th. Monday – Saturday. Please note no shows on 1st & 8th of May due to Bank Holidays. Tech sessions 24th - 26th April.
2. Rehearsals weeks of 10th & 17th April. Please note rehearsals may be afternoons and evenings. Location: Theatre Deli, Leadenhall Street, London.
3. Potential for further engagement – likely Edinburgh Fringe at leading venue and potential tour stops in Autumn/Winter.
Show – It's a Motherf**king Pleasure.
The debut show by visually impaired led company FlawBored, It's a Motherf**king Pleasure is a dark satire exploring disabled identities, identity politics, social media, ableist guilt and access. FlawBored are winners of the LET/Greenwich Theatre Award, Pleasance Associate Artists & Theatre Deli Resident Artists. The show was supported by Arts Council England and a seed commission from CPT. The show opened at VAULT Festival to multiple 5 star reviews, sell-out audiences and has been nominated for two Offies and the VAULT show of the week award. There has been significant interest for a future life and the show is currently shortlisted for the prestigious Untapped award from Underbelly and New Diorama Theatre.
· Keeping the book.
· Accurate placing of cues and familiarisation with captions.
· Creating a supportive environment and supporting access needs of a disabled-led space.
· Some minor prop sourcing.
· Rehearsal notes and calls.
· Any other business related to the successful rehearsal of the show.
· The Stage Manager will be responsible for overseeing get-in get-out daily as the theatre works on a festival model. You will be supported by the company and theatre staff.
· Operating light, sound & captions via integrated Qlab. If this proves impractical the production will consider engaging an additional operator.
· Leading technical sessions.
· Risk assessments and show reports.
· Any other business related to the successful performance of the show.
· We'd be particularly interested in candidates with experience in disabled theatre contexts and/or who can drive a van.
What is the fee?
£3000 (five weeks work at £600)
What will the hiring process be?
Please send in your CV and your availability.
If possible, please highlight any experiences on your CV that included complex cueing or captioning.
Successful candidates will be interviewed by the company (director, producer and writers)
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject line Stage Manager Application